Image Map

Friday, December 7, 2012

Mama work style {and update!}

FIRST, I would like to thank ALL of you for the comments, tweets, instagram comments and emails on this post! I felt the love and loved reading all of your encouragement! I am sorry I haven't responded, as soon as I get home I am 100% focused on making up on all of the hugs and kisses from Olivia that I missed out on through out the day! Then, once she is in bed, I crash too! haha
(As seen here!)

I am LOVING my new job! Everyone I work with is seriously SO nice and has been SO helpful with this huge transition! The day goes by SO fast too! I can not believe how quickly my lunch break comes up and the end of the day too! I hope it will always be this way!! :)

Olivia has been great too! On Monday she woke up a little earlier then usual so we were able to have breakfast together before my first day which I LOVED! I also love that I get to spend my hour lunch break with her! Olivia will not be starting day care until January so it is nice that I can come home, have lunch with her, play and then put her down for her nap before I go back to work!

Jeremy has been amazing! Everyday for lunch he has whipped up some feasts for us! It is nice that he has made sure that I am not spending my lunch hour making something but instead enjoying my time with my family! He has been super busy at work, so for him to make sure that this transition for me isn't too hard, has been so thoughtful and appreciated! He even went grocery shopping yesterday so I wouldn't have to this weekend! He really is my everything!

I am not going to lie, on sunday night I was an emotional mess! I started regretting my decision to go back to work, but so far everything is going well! Olivia is adjusting just fine (and so am I) and I am excited to spend the weekend with my girl catching up on our missed time during the week! :)

I am also LOVING getting dressed up everyday for work!! It has been fun! 

Button Down: NY&Co.  |  Cardigan: F21  |  Belt: F21  |  Pants: NY&Co.  |  Wedges: Payless

Button Down: J. Crew |  Sweater: Old Navy  |  Pants: Guess  |  Heels: Aldo

Peplum Top: F21  |  Skinny Cords: Old Navy   |  Wedges: Payless
Dress: F21  |  Cardigan: Old Navy  |  Belt: F21  |  Leggings: Old Navy  |  Boots: Aldo


At first I went the more conservative, office professional route, but then saw other women dressing up with cute boots and dresses so I now know that is okay to wear in the office! ...and TODAY is casual friday! Yay! :)

TGIF friends!! Happy Friday to you ALL! =)

9 comments:

Ashleigh Nichole said...

Awe I am glad the transition is going good for you all. I can see how happy little miss is. Too see you both in the first 2 pictures are too sweet & precious :) & how sweet of the hubby to go shopping & cook!

She's a big star said...

Cute outfits girl! I'm so glad you've had a great week and that the transition has been pretty smooth. Huge points to Jeremy for all of his help too... that's awesome!

Julie said...

Yay for a good transition - and cute outfits!

Jess Norden said...

I'm so glad that the transition is going well for you!! I HATED coming back to work, but it makes my time with Cameron SO much more precious....and, I am like you. When I get home from work, I spend as much time with Cameron, and am in bed around 8:30 after putting C down and picking up a little...I am BEAT!!

I hope you have a great weekend!!

elise {sprinkles on toast} said...

Girl your hair is amazing!! I can't wait to have a job where I can dress cute..now I wear leggings and sweaters with flip flops :)
So glad the transition is going well for all of you!! Have a great casual Friday and an awesome weekend!!

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Loving the work clothes!! And so happy things are going well at work! :)

Cari said...

so glad it is going well. I love all your outfits!

Unknown said...

Girl, you are looking gorgeous. And I'm not just saying that. I love that last photo ;)

Andrea said...

So glad it is going well for you! Being a working mama is hard, but definitely worth it!